Post by AK_Brickster on Nov 23, 2015 9:11:39 GMT -8
Welcome to the Merlin's Beard Winter Holiday Banner Contest!
It's time to get into the holiday spirit with some winter-themed banner builds!
You, yes YOU could create banner art that will be displayed proudly and prominently on this very site! Create an image according to the terms below, upload it to your favorite image hosting site, post a thumbnail with a link to the image on this thread, and you might become the Merlin's Beard Featured Holiday Artisan!
What's it About?
We'd like to see what "A Merlin's Beard Winter Holiday" means to you. What image does that evoke? We are looking for a MOC that showcases a winter holiday theme. It could be a royal family gathered around a Christmas tree, or a group of peasant children having a snowball fight. Whatever strikes you as fitting the idea of a "Winter Holiday". The winner will have the privilege of their entry being used as the official Merlin's Beard banner image for the months of December and January.
Terms and Conditions
- Your image should be your interpretation of a medieval winter holiday.
- Your image should have a width of 1500 to 1700 pixels and a height of 350 to 400 pixels.
- Your image must be hosted on a publicly available site such that the Merlin's Beard Innkeepers can view it to judge it.
- Your image must be yours and yours alone. It must be an original work, it must not have been entered in any prior contest, and it must not contain anyone else's intellectual property, such as copyrighted characters or trademarked names.
- Don't use profanity, obscenity, adult content, or anything that you wouldn't want your whole family (and everyone else's whole family) to see.
- You enter the contest by posting a response to this thread including a thumbnail image of no larger than 700 pixels by 225 pixels with a link to the full-sized banner image.
- Your post must be dated no later than 11:59 pm PDT, December 14th, 2015.
- If you have a specific question about the details that we have not addressed here, you may post a question or request for clarification, but please refrain from commenting on the entries on this thread. This thread is just for the contest entries and logistics.
- If you post an entry that does not meet the criteria set forth above, and/or if you post extraneous comments on this thread, you risk having your post deleted and/or having your contest entry invalidated and removed from consideration. Please observe the contest rules.
- By posting on this thread, you agree to grant the owners and maintainers of the Merlin's Beard forum and the merlinsbeard.com web site the exclusive use of your image for as long as they choose; to copy your image to any alternative hosting or storage site that they see fit for hosting, backup, and archival purposes; to display the image on the web site and/or in printed materials related to the Merlin's Beard brand and merlinsbeard.com web site; to crop, scale, or edit the image for editorial, stylistic, branding, promotional, and other purposes; and to retire or replace the image at any time without notice; and while you may display the banner as part of your own photo stream on image hosting sites like Flickr or social media sites like Facebook, you agree not to enter the image in any other contest or to license it for use by any other party, commercial or otherwise. The creator of the winning banner will be credited as the creator of the image to whatever extent is feasible within the technical limits of the web or hosting software running the site and the artistic, artistic, and editorial constraints of the site layout; however, it is possible that the image could be displayed or used in printed or promotional materials in such a way that providing a written credit is not feasible.
The banner contest will be conducted according to the following timeline:
- Your post to this thread (as per the Terms and Conditions above) must be dated no later than 11:59 pm PDT, December 14th, 2015.
- The Innkeepers (admins) of Merlin's Beard will select a winner by December 19th.
(Thanks to Schmidt for sponsoring the prizes!)
Happy Holidays, and we're looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!