Post by SEdmison on Mar 21, 2014 2:15:44 GMT -8
Welcome to Merlin's Beard, the inn at intersection of imagination and creation!EDIT:
Please vote for your favorite from the finalists below!
As you take up a seat by the fire to spin yarns of far-away lands and show off the latest castle you've built from the ground up or wrested from the clutches of a vanquished foe, we have a challenge for you!
Introducing the Merlin's Beard Banner Contest
You, yes YOU could create banner art that will be displayed proudly and prominently on this very site. Create an image according to the terms below, upload it to your favorite image hosting site, post a thumbnail with a link to the image on this thread, and you might become the Merlin's Beard Featured Artisan!
What's it About?
We'd like to see what "Merlin's Beard" means to you. What image does that evoke? This could be a 2D painting or drawing, it could be a photograph of an actual brick build that you've done, or it could be some composite of 2D or special effects over a photo. The sky's the limit.
Terms and Conditions
- Your image should be your interpretation of an inn called "Merlin's Beard".
- Your image should have a width of 1200 to 1400 pixels and a height of 400 to 450 pixels.
- Your image must be hosted on a publicly available site such that the Merlin's Beard Innkeepers can view it to judge it.
- Your image must be yours and yours alone. It must be an original work, it must not have been entered in any prior contest, and it must not contain anyone else's intellectual property, such as copyrighted characters or trademarked names.
- Don't use profanity, obscenity, adult content, or anything that you wouldn't want your whole family (and everyone else's whole family) to see.
- You enter the contest by posting a response to this thread including a thumbnail image of no larger than 700 pixels by 225 pixels with a link to the full-sized banner image.
- Your post must be dated no later than 11:59 pm PDT, May 4th, 2014.
- If you have a specific question about the details that we have not addressed here, you may post a question or request for clarification, but please refrain from commenting on the entries on this thread. This thread is just for the contest entries and logistics.
- If you post an entry that does not meet the criteria set forth above, and/or if you post extraneous comments on this thread, you risk having your post deleted and/or having your contest entry invalidated and removed from consideration. Please observe the contest rules.
- By posting on this thread, you agree to grant the owners and maintainers of the Merlin's Beard forum and the merlinsbeard.com web site the exclusive use of your image for as long as they choose; to copy your image to any alternative hosting or storage site that they see fit for hosting, backup, and archival purposes; to display the image on the web site and/or in printed materials related to the Merlin's Beard brand and merlinsbeard.com web site; to crop, scale, or edit the image for editorial, stylistic, branding, promotional, and other purposes; and to retire or replace the image at any time without notice; and while you may display the banner as part of your own photo stream on image hosting sites like Flickr or social media sites like Facebook, you agree not to enter the image in any other contest or to license it for use by any other party, commercial or otherwise. The creator of the winning banner will be credited as the creator of the image to whatever extent is feasible within the technical limits of the web or hosting software running the site and the artistic, artistic, and editorial constraints of the site layout; however, it is possible that the image could be displayed or used in printed or promotional materials in such a way that providing a written credit is not feasible.
The banner contest will be conducted according to the following timeline:
- Your post to this thread (as per the Terms and Conditions above) must be dated no later than 11:59 pm PDT, April 30th, 2014.
- A first round of judging will be performed by the Merlin's Beard Innkeepers and/or judges of their choice, narrowing the field to 3 entries.
- A second round of judging will then be opened for all Merlin's Beard forum members to vote. Details on this round will be announced via a separate thread, and will run for a period of time to be announced when the 3 finalists are announced.
- The 1st Place entry will receive one copy of the LEGO 70403 Dragon Mountain set AND one copy of LEGO 850888 Castle Knights Accessory Set.
- The 2nd Place entry will receive one copy of the LEGO 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army set.
- The 3rd Place entry will receive one large container's worth of LEGO Pick-a-Brick elements of your choice (within the limits of the parts available at the Bellevue, WA or Lynnwood, WA store, within the limits of what will fit in the container, and within the limits of precision that can be achieved by having a ham-fisted Innkeeper grab parts out of bins to get you the mix of parts you request).
- One or more other entries, possibly honorable mentions or possibly entries selected at random, will receive a collectible minifig or similar token of our appreciation for participating in the contest.